Beets have an earthy sweetness that becomes richer and deeper over the heat of the grill. These grilled beets are wrapped with fresh rosemary and lemon for a summery, aromatic side dish.
Easy Grilled Beets with Rosemary
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
These grilled beets are savory-sweet and smokey. Enjoy them as a side dish, or in a salad or wrap.
- 3 - 4 beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of ½ lemon (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the beets well, then remove the greens if the beets still have them attached. Cut off the tough tops and root ends.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the beets. Cut them in half, then slice into half moon-shaped pieces.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, rosemary, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until the beets are well coated.
- Use foil to wrap the beets tightly (see the photo below for reference). They will cook more quickly if the packet is flat and allows a bit of space between the pieces.
- When you are ready to grill, heat the grill and place the foil-wrapped packets over medium heat. Grill, flipping once or twice, for about 10 minutes, or until the beets reach the desired tenderness.
- Remove from heat, unwrap, and serve.
Beets will stain light-colored surfaces (and may turn your hands pink, too), so be careful while you prepare them!
Amount Per Serving Calories 85Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat .7gSodium 369mgCarbohydrates 12.6gFiber 2.8gSugar 9.6gProtein 1.9g
Leave a Reply